element14 Limited (formerly Farnell) has introduced a select range of new connectivity solutions from leading connector manufacturers to its 130,000-parts strong design-centric inventory for customers in Asia-Pacific.
The existing range of compact and high current density connectors are complemented by innovative solutions such as detailed technical information, 3D product images and training modules.
element14 is a fusion of commerce and community supporting design engineers and electronic component purchasing professionals worldwide with products, service and online assistance.
element14’s Features showcases connectivity solutions covering an extensive range of connectors applicable to sectors such as consumer electronics, communication, medical, industrial, transportation and networking.
Customers can take advantage of an easy ordering process with no minimum order quantity or value and assured next-day delivery in most cities in Asia Pacific with comprehensive product solutions and promotional discounts of up to 40% for select connectors.
element14 currently has over 14,000 3D connector images in PDF format available for engineers to view and rotate them 360 degrees, allowing them to better visualise how these connectors can fit in their overall design and address their challenges innovatively.
Marc Grange, Head of Product Management, element14, Asia Pacific says that the company is collaborating closely with world-leading interconnect providers for advanced and reliable connectors to help meet the growing requirement for flexible, high current connection solutions.
The new products incorporate innovative features in terms of versatility and high current density to meet the rigorous requirements of design engineers in the region. Additionally, element14’s new 3D imaging tools for the connectors will provide optimal support in helping engineers select the most appropriate connectors for different applications.
Molex EXTreme Power connectors
- Space-saving one-piece design that saves up to 53% space
- Provides up to 127 ampere per inch of the component
- Non-separable interface allows higher-current and greater density capability with lower resistance plane-to-plane compared to similar products with separable interfaces
- Low profile design enhances system airflow and improves ventilation within the system
- Ideal for backplane/ midplane applications (servers, routers, switches), hot-swap power supplies, test equipment and industrial control
Molex Flexi-Mate connectors
- Flexible connector solution that delivers up to 2A of power to LEDs on interconnecting panels or lighting fixtures
- Addresses the need for flexibility and space-savings in LED TV and room-lighting designs
- Includes coplanar board-to-board, wire-to-board and a terminating connector in a very cost-effective reliable solution
- Dual-contact terminal design for secure electrical contact
- Space-saving positive side locks for wire-to-board connection
- Guide features help facilitate mating and protect terminals