Pump tubing from Watson-Marlow Bredel maintains stable flow rate
Watson-Marlow Bredel presents a long-life pump tubing suitable for harsh chemical applications.
The Gore high-resilience pump tubing, Style 400 is an expanded PTFE multi-layer tubing featuring a high-performance Viton filler that can maintain a stable flow rate for thousands of hours while pumping aggressive chemicals.
Style 400 pump tubing is ideal for handling a range of aggressive chemicals including concentrated nitric and sulphuric acids as well as aromatic hydrocarbons such as toluene and xylene.
The tubing is suitable for a host of pumping applications including hydrocarbons in the nuclear industry, nitric acid in dairies, toluene in automotive screw lock application, solvent-based inks, hydrocarbon-based polymer dosing and a number of industrial sectors using chemicals.
The resilience of Style 400 pump tubing is attributed to a peroxide-cured fluoroelastomer called Viton GF-600S, which is based on DuPont advanced polymer architecture.
The introduction of the durable and dependable Style 400 tubing now makes peristaltic pumps the natural choice for pumping aggressive chemicals.
Peristaltic pumps equipped with Style 400 tubing are superior to conventional pumps such as progressive cavity or diaphragm types that are damaged when pumping chemicals such as nitric or sulphuric acid, or aromatic hydrocarbons such as toluene. The principle of peristaltic pump operation dictates that the fluid only touches the bore of the tube, eliminating any risk of damage to the pump.
Additionally, peristaltic pumps do not have valves or seals that can block or corrode, and also have low maintenance requirements.
Key features of Style 400 pump tubing:
- Achieves consistent flow rates at continuous pressures of 4 bar throughout tube lifetime
- Longer life than conventional non-reinforced extruded Viton or Fluorel tubes
- Expanded PTFE reinforcement enables the tubing to offer burst resistance, preventing aggressive fluids being released to the environment
- Available with internal diameters ranging from 1.6mm up to 12.7mm, with wall thickness from 1.6mm up to 4.8mm
- Provides reliable metering of aggressive chemicals and increased process consistency