SICK’s bar code scanners offer combined identification and checking solution for solar producers
Bar code scanners from SICK have helped a manufacturer of conveyor systems from Taiwan implement a solution for simultaneous identification and checking of completed wafer boxes at a production plant of solar wafers.
The packaging and transporting process at the production plant involves the packaging of 100 wafers at a time into a box labelled on top with a Code128 bar code. Subsequently, 10 completed boxes are packed into a carton bearing a Code39 bar code.
The task for the manufacturer of the conveyor system was to identify the boxes, recognise shortages, and detect the markings of the carton.
Installed above the level of the conveyor system, CLV650 bar code scanners from SICK are used to identify the boxes. Their special sorting function allows reliable detection of missing codes and missing boxes while the bar codes on all boxes present are read at the same time. Simultaneously, the carton with the boxes is identified by another bar code scanner from SICK installed at the side of the conveyor system.
The entire system allows the solar producer to identify the boxes in each carton as well as detect incomplete cartons.
Key features of the CLV650 bar code scanners:
- Reading field of 200mm to 1600mm with real-time auto focus and integrated distance measurement
- Top reading reliability even with high plant throughput and diverse object sizes
- Ethernet on board and integrated web server functionality for scanner diagnosis
- Proven two-stage fieldbus integration concept with separate connection box
- Parameter cloning option ensures minimum times for replacing devices, via cloning module or micro SD card
- SMART decoding algorithms