The new Inspector I40-IR vision sensors use infrared light to meet new vision inspection challenges. Light is a crucial component in vision and correct lighting provides a high-quality image for analysis by emphasising various details of interest on the part.
The Inspector family of vision sensors provides full flexibility with integrated light, Flex window options or external solutions to match illumination needs.
Key benefits of Inspector I40-IR infrared vision sensors:
- Reduces colour dependency and provides safe inspection in unwanted visible light production
- Invisible infrared light allows maximum degree of independence from colour
- IR light allows detection of black contours on multicoloured objects
- In combination with optional visible block filter, offers a cost-effective method to gain immunity to changes in environmental lighting
- IR is invisible for the human eye, which is beneficial in open production areas where operators are working next to the sensor
- Incorporates all the qualities from Inspector I20 and I40 variants
New Inspector PI50 for machine builders
The new Inspector PI50 vision sensors make inspection and integration solutions possible that is generally associated only with smart cameras.
Key features of Inspector PI50:
- Viewing of images and change of configuration takes place through a standard web browser
- Integration into the automation and fieldbus environment of machines is effected via Ethernet TCP/IP or Ethernet/IP
- Web API allows users to customise the HMI, which is very convenient for many machine builders and system integrators
- New calibration ensures reliable images even in tight and tilted setups
- Speed of up to 50 Hz used for inspecting and positioning of components in the automotive, consumer goods, electronics or solar manufacturing industries