National Instruments expands high-density switching solutions for PXI with 8 new relay cards
The new NI SwitchBlock relay cards offer additional simultaneous connections and new differential measurement capabilities for high-channel-count switching applications.
Designed specifically for demanding automated test systems with a large numbers of channels, the NI SwitchBlock relay cards provide an intuitive option for switch configuration, routing, programming and maintenance in a variety of test applications in military and aerospace, transportation and for general-purpose automated testing.
Engineers can choose from the expanded selection of NI SwitchBlock cards to create a custom matrix of relays that meets their specific requirements.
The new relay cards also integrate with NI Switch Executive switch management software to give engineers the ability to graphically configure their switch systems one relay at a time for total control, or automatically route signals across multiple relay cards simply by specifying endpoints.
Engineers can also combine NI Switch Executive with NI LabVIEW system design software to abstract numerous route groups to easily configure, program and maintain large matrix configurations.
All NI SwitchBlock solutions also include the new NI Switch Health Center software, which increases long-term system reliability by automatically running onboard diagnostics that verify relay continuity and display relay count information.
Additionally, engineers can combine the NI SwitchBlock with mass interconnect solutions from MAC Panel and Virginia Panel, which provide a single rugged connection point between multiple NI SwitchBlock connectors and a test fixture.
This further simplifies wiring for large matrix configurations and helps engineers streamline hardware integration and reduce test setup time.
Key features of the new NI SwitchBlock relay cards:
- Multiple two-wire switches for differential measurements
- 16-row switches give engineers an increased number of simultaneous connections for large switching applications
- Innovative NI SwitchBlock architecture simplifies connectivity through internal column expansion
- NI SwitchBlock comprises an expandable carrier to accommodate up to six relay cards while occupying just four slots in a PXI chassis
- Up to four NI SwitchBlock carriers can be combined to create internally routed matrices with as many as 8,832 crosspoints in a single PXI chassis
- Integrates with NI Switch Executive switch management software to help engineers quickly and efficiently develop their application
- New NI Switch Health Center software increases long-term system reliability