National Instruments introduces NI VeriStand 2011, a real-time configuration-based test software enhanced with new Stimulus Profile Editor and INE testing cell add-on for creating real-time testing and simulation applications including hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulators and test cells.
NI VeriStand 2011 is an intuitive, open software interface that helps engineers achieve superior system flexibility while decreasing test development time. A real-time stimulus profile tool in the new software greatly expands deterministic test execution with looping and branching structures, composable arithmetic functions as well as multitasking.
Engineers can combine NI VeriStand 2011 with INERTIA, an add-on from Wineman Technology, Inc, which adds a suite of tools to the new test software for optimised closed-loop control of dynamometer and servo-hydraulic-based test cells.
According to Ian Fountain, HIL and real-time test platform manager at National Instruments, NI VeriStand 2011 greatly increases the test engineer’s flexibility and efficiency, critical for keeping pace with the growing complexity of electromechanical control systems.
Offering major advancements for real-time test profile generation and test cell automation, NI VeriStand 2011 enables engineers to create real-time test systems that will meet both present and future demands with a single off-the-shelf solution.
NI VeriStand 2011 also provides expanded native support for 14 modelling environments, which combined with the new features in the software, makes it ideal for increasing efficiency and capabilities in any real-time testing application.
Highlights of real-time stimulus profile tool in NI VeriStand 2011:
- Increases test development efficiency and system capabilities by allowing engineers to quickly create and reuse sophisticated test profiles
- Expansive library of structures and operators in the tool significantly decreases test development time and increases test coverage
- Templates available for common test routines such as multitasking and data logging
- Includes various features specifically designed to broaden test coverage and simplify code reuse in highly demanding real-time testing applications
- Extends the software’s functionality for dynamometer and servo-hydraulic-based test cell applications
- Gives engineers advanced closed-loop control with bumpless mode switching and dither
- Enables engineers to quickly and efficiently implement real-time control and test applications
- Includes tools for tuning and monitoring control loops and accounting for mechanical life cycle degradation through amplitude control
- Builds on the Stimulus Profile Editor to provide an application-specific test editor for more efficient authoring of deterministic stimulus profiles interfacing with multiple actuator control loops