PACSystems with integrated real-time PROFINET recently introduced by GE Intelligent Platforms is a global open protocol over standard Ethernet that enables real-time control, simple interop control systems h performance for control systems with distributed I/O needs.
GE’s new product combines open standards into a solution that creates significant value in reliability, connectivity and performance.
Providing flexible deployment, PACSystems with PROFINET minimises hardware and configuration issues, improves application uptime with minimal cost and satisfies user demand for high performance distributed systems.
Made for businesses moving from centralised control systems to Ethernet based distributed structures, PACSystems with PROFINET is a high speed network with the ability to drop large amounts of I/O without compromising performance.
It can also operate in high-noise areas and cover large distances in real time with an elegant redundancy capability to maximise uptime.
Multi-disciplined automation platforms require real-time, open standards-based connectivity not only to devices on the plant floor, but also to production management systems that share data and information throughout the enterprise.
PACSystems with integrated PROFINET meets this requirement by providing a plug-n-play solution to deploy real-time industrial Ethernet-based communications at all levels of the manufacturing enterprise, utilising TCP/IP along with open IT standards.
PACSystems with PROFINET sets a new standard for integration of open systems, providing the user clear benefits now and easier migration to new technology in the future.
Given that companies are looking for solutions to control critical infrastructure and manufacturing operations at high performance levels, the new PACSystems with PROFINET help customers increase production uptime, enhance asset performance and improve their reliability.
PACSystems is all about taking open standards and making them better for targeted applications. The automation industry for instance, has been working for a long time to provide real-time control over standard Ethernet for performance and infrastructure simplification.
To obtain vast adoption of Ethernet as a control network, the connected devices need to act and look like local I/O, taking out the network complexity for setup without compromising performance.
Key advantages of PACSystems with PROFINET:
- Provides all the benefits of an Ethernet system without the complexity
- Name-based configuration enables solutions in just minutes
- Built-in switches with copper or fibre cables for direct connection eliminates need for extra hardware for connectivity allowing long distances between I/O nodes
- Adoption of MRP (media redundancy protocol) in a ring topology allows customers to take nodes offline for maintenance without shutting the application
- Traffic is redirected in the event of a wire cut in as low as one millisecond without disrupting I/O
- PROFINET extensions add significantly to PACSystems’ high availability offering
- PROFINET provides higher performance and better access to real time plant floor data taking the worry out of volume, latency and throughput