GE adds to a growing range of flexible off-the-shelf COTS rugged systems
GE Intelligent Platforms has expanded its range of COTS rugged systems with the addition of new 4-slot systems to address the demands of harsh applications.
Prime contractors and integrators are constantly under pressure to minimise risk, costs and time-to-market. The new 4-slot COTS rugged systems are preconfigured and pre-tested systems providing the flexibility of in-house development with the proven availability, cost-effectiveness, reliability and roadmap of commercial off-the-shelf solutions (COTS).
The new COTS rugged systems are designed for deployment in demanding control applications such as civilian and military UAVs, manned commercial and military aircraft, helicopters, over- and underwater research vessels, ground vehicles, and locomotives.
The new 4-slot systems join an extensive range of pre-validated, application-ready COTS rugged systems from GE including the previously announced 2-slot and 3-slot rugged CompactPCI systems featuring Intel processor technology and 2-slot and 3-slot PowerPC-based rugged CompactPCI systems.
Key features of GE 4-slot COTS rugged systems:
- Provides greater configuration flexibility to GE’s COTS rugged systems line
- Utilises conduction-cooled boards
- Housed in a rugged convection-cooled chassis
- Available with processors from Intel or Freescale
- Minimum 25 standard configurations with additional configurations available according to customer requirements
- Tested to MIL-STD-810 and 704 requirements, allowing customer projects to more rapidly achieve a high Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
- Minimises development time and cost for businesses, eliminating program risk to the maximum extent
- Allows shortened lead-times, minimises expensive NRE and reduces risk associated with integrating piece parts from multiple sources
- Board Support Packages (BSP) and drivers can be provided to ease application integration and reduce software development time
- I/O capabilities that can be configured include Ethernet, USB, serial, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 429, DAC, ADC, discrete, VGA and CANbus
- Optional 64GByte SSD SATA storage device available
GE Intelligent Platforms is represented in Australia and New Zealand by Metromatics Ltd .