Flexicon Corporation (Australia) introduces a new line of low profile single-trip bulk bag unloaders designed for rapid, low cost discharging in low headroom areas, and conveying the material at any angle to downstream processing, storage or packaging equipment.
Flexicon’s bulk bag unloaders rely on the user's forklift or plant hoist to lower single-use bulk bags onto a four-bladed bag piercing knife that cuts the bag bottom from seam-to-seam, facilitating complete discharge of bag contents.
The design of the bulk bag dischargers eliminates the need for flow promotion devices that are otherwise needed to move material through narrow bag spouts.
Single-use bags are simply lowered onto the piercing knife in the bulk bag unloaders, ready to discharge many times faster, and with less labour than reusable bags.
Single-use bags also enable cost savings since they cost less and also reduce the amount of material to be discarded or recycled. Moreover, many reusable bags are discarded after one use.
Single-trip unloaders rely on the bag bottom to self-seal against a thick gasket affixed to the rim of the hopper and to discharge through a wide diameter hole in the centre of the gasket, eliminating the cost and additional headroom required for bag spout interfaces used on conventional unloaders of reusable bags.
An optional dust plenum, consisting of a hollow hopper rim with interior slots and exterior port vented to a plant dust collection system is offered as a secondary dust containment measure.
Key features of single-trip bulk bag unloaders:
- Hopper is equipped with a hinged door to access the interior safely
- Integral flexible screw conveyors handle free- and non-free-flowing bulk materials ranging from large pellets to sub-micron powders
- Hopper is also available equipped with intake adapters and rotary airlocks for pneumatic conveying systems, as well as with universal flanged outlets for connection to the user's downstream equipment
- Stainless steel construction finished to industrial, food, dairy or pharmaceutical standards
- Also available in carbon steel construction with durable industrial finish
Flexicon also manufactures bulk bag unloaders for reusable bags, bulk bag conditioners, bulk bag fillers, drum/box/container fillers and tippers, pneumatic conveying systems, bag dump stations, weigh batching and blending systems as well as engineered plant-wide bulk handling systems with automated controls.