Safety being one of the most important considerations for farmers working with chemicals, the new 5-litre packs from Dow Agrosciences will not only enhance safety and ease of use in handling the chemicals but are also better for the environment.
The new pack design reflects Dow AgroSciences’ determination to create a new user-friendly container following feedback from farmers on traditional drums that were difficult to handle, pour and rinse thoroughly for recycling.
According to Dow Agrosciences Marketing Specialist, Jim Phimister, the company responded with a new drum design featuring larger openings and bigger handles in addition to separating the handle from the chemical content for more effective rinsing.
Made using 20% less plastic than the previous pack in collaboration with New Zealand manufacturer Alto Plastics, the environment-friendly drum is a result of the efforts of their in-house specialised packaging team that constantly seeks innovative ways to make products easier to store, ship, dispose of, and use.
Dow Agrosciences’ new five-litre drums will be used for packaging insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and adjuvants.
Key features of the new 5-litre drums:
- Larger handle makes it easier for farmers to hold and pour the chemical without removing their safety gloves
- Reduces the potential for product to accidentally touch the skin
- Larger opening allows the product to flow more smoothly from the container eliminating glugging and hold ups
- Reliable, predictable flow helps reduce the chance of spillage
- Stronger handle than the previous model
- Handle is sealed from the contents, making the triple rinsing process more effective for recycling
- Environment-friendly packaging uses 20% less plastic than previous pack
Jim adds that the new packs demonstrate their commitment to providing the best products for the farmer and for the environment.